OCMC encourages friends and family to visit patients if this helps the healing process. Our staff is dedicated to caring for our patients in a safe and healthy environment. We make every effort to accommodate all our visitors. Visits may be limited because of medical conditions, health and safety, the need for a sterile environment or the patient's personal wishes.
Visitors, please check-in with the Nurses Station on each wing to find the room number of the patient you wish to visit.
Keeping germs at a minimum is one of our top priorities for the safety of our patients and their family members/visitors. Remember, washing your hands is one of the best ways to prevent germs from spreading.
Due to health and safety for our patients and others, we ask that all visitors that are ill, or show signs of being ill, not visit any patients. We ask that ill visitors return when they have not had any symptoms for over 24 hours. Visitors may be asked to leave if staff witnesses signs of an illness.
- We provide a smoke-free environment.
- Please limit the length of your visit so that the patient can get enough rest and our staff can provide the best possible care.
- Please limit the number of visitors to two in the room at one time. Other visitors may wait in the designated waiting area.
- There is no tolerance for disruptive and uncooperative visitors. If necessary, the OCMC Police Department will be notified for assistance.
- Limitations to visits are sometimes necessary due to safety, security or patient care.
- Children under 12 years of age need to be supervised by an adult at all times.
ALL VISITORS NEED TO CHECK-IN/OUT AT THE APPROPRIATE NURSES STATION.
Medical/Surgical Unit: 300 Wing
- 24/7 visitation
- *After 8:30 p.m., visitors are required to secure a visitor's pass at the Switchboard. The unit security doors will be closed at this time, until visiting hours resume the next day.
Women Services Unit: 700 Wing
Obstetrics/ Gynecology/ Nursery
- 24/7 visitation
- Due to the health of mothers and newborns, children 12 years or younger may be asked to limit visitation.
- *After 8:30 p.m., visitors are required to secure a visitor's pass at the Switchboard. Due to Safety reasons, patients are not allowed to leave this unit during non-visiting hours, unless accompanied by staff or Security.
Intensive Care Unit
- 6:00 - 7:00 a.m.
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- 5:00- 6:00 p.m.
- 8:00-8:30 p.m.
Chemical Dependency Unit (CDU)
- Saturday-Sunday | 1:00-5:00 p.m.
If you are asked to leave a patient's room at any time, understand that our staff members are acting in the best interest of our patients. Please honor these requests as quickly as possible.
Please do not bring a child for a visit if the child has a cold or any other infectious disease. If you have any doubt, it is in your loved one's best interest to wait until the child is well to bring him/her for a visit.
There is a convenient parking lot located in the front of the hospital, as well as one located on the North side of the hospital.
An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is located in the ER waiting area. Please notify the Switchboard operator or Administration if the ATM is malfunctioning.